Saturday, February 25, 2012

A new house

I've decided to ignore my ex-wife's advice and go ahead and buy a new house. My house I'm living in now settles in 2 months and then I will have to live somewhere. My ex is suggesting that I rent so that I can pack up everything easily at the end of the year and follow her to the city so we can continue our child custody arrangements. But I have no interest in following her around the place, so I think I'm going to just settle where I am as I always intended to do. So today I put in an offer on a house and it was accepted. By mid next week I will have signed the contract and be organising building and pest inspections. It is very exciting. The children went through the house with me last Wednesday and they love it to. I want them to have something secure with me. I want them to have a house they are excited to go to where things are familiar. And I plan on making this next house a very permanent residence that screams out who I am, and who we are as a family. Tomorrow morning I should take some photos of my kids while they are with me, and I may even take some photos of the cast from the play I am rehearsing at the moment. I'll try to post on here again soon so you can see a little bit of where I live. It is very wet and rainy at the moment, but that can be very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment