Monday, February 27, 2012

Soaking up the land.




With my family moving soon I need to soak up living on land while I can. I may never live on acreage again. So while I've got it I need to get outside with the kids, run around, fly a kite, have a bonfire, catch insects, pick flowers, go for walks and explore the dam. So on Sunday that is exactly what we did. It had been raining the whole weekend which had forced us all inside a lot more than I wanted. But with it easing off, the children asked if they could get into some swimmers and gumboots and head down to the dam. It ended up being a wonderful time of exploration as the water from the rain was flowing like a tiny waterfall into the dam and making the bank all muddy. We didn't get much time down there before we had to get dressed again and go out. But that time was just precious.




No comments:

Post a Comment